so far no reason to root the Nexus S

As explained before, I needed to root my Hero, if only to have enough room for apps (by moving them to an ext partition on the SD-card), but also to be able to use ProxyDroid or ASProxy to connect to the enterprise WiFi by proxy ...
Now, I know rooting a device is hardly brainsurgery, but with a brand new device there's always that "ooh, do I need to void my warranty so early in this product's lifecycle"-type feeling ... so unless we need it, we don't.
And I'm hoping that with Ice-Cream Sandwich coming soon, I won't need root-access on this device, because everything will be the way I want it to be (might be wishful thinking, I know).
Actually the main issue of space on my phone, is no issue with the Nexus S, I have plenty of it ...
And for the time being, I can live with this proxy work-around: http://androidproxy.blogspot.com/
But I'm hoping that Android 4.0 will even relieve me of the need to have an additional browser, because since 3.1 there is support for HTTP proxy for each connected Wi-Fi access point ...
No reason to root the Nexus S, so far. (But if we really need to, we can ofcourse, it's not even that hard or tricky, but you know, in theory at least, the warranty ...)

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Mastodon